- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Bed&Brussels uses all its resources to prevent any unauthorized alteration, destruction, distribution or access to data. Internet users must be able to have all the information they need to trust the sites they visit in full knowledge of the facts and, if necessary, to make certain choices in accordance with the rights conferred on them by European legislation.
Update: July 1, 2018 (GPDR)
Bed & Brussels (whose registered office is located at Rue Goffart 78 1050 Ixelles), because of its position in the collaborative economy, as a Belgian non-profit organisation, and concerned about compliance with Belgian and European regulatory provisions, attaches importance to the protection and respect of your privacy.
In accordance with the RGPD (General Data Protection Regulations), we inform you about our practices for collecting, using and sharing the information you provide to us when using our services via our website
- The information we collect
2.1. The information you voluntarily provide when using our services, at certain stages, you are invited to provide us with personally identifiable information
- Registration form,
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Contact between tenant and landlord
Details of the information provided:
- Your first and last name,
- E-mail address,
- Date of birth,
- Telephone number,
- An internship contract (potential)
- A postal address,
It should be noted that this information is necessary for the use of our services. Otherwise, Bed&Brussels ASBL would be unable to provide you with the services offered. Without this (your) data, the use of our short-term accommodation service is impossible;
2.2 – The information we collect when using our services and that we keep
- A copy of your exchanges with Bed&Brussels ASBL,
- A copy of reservations or publications made on our services,
- Financial transactions carried out on our services or by any other means, including information relating to your payment card, your bank details, information relating to overnight stays booked or for which you have published an announcement on our services,
- Details of your visits to our Platforms and the content you have accessed,
- If this was the case, all answers to our surveys and satisfaction questionnaires as well as the opinions you left to evaluate a stay with one of the hosts listed on our Bed&Brussels website.
- What you report to our customer service department when you contact them or when they send you contacté́.
- Your location if, and only if you have accepted that we collect this type of data;
- If applicable, a copy of your national identity card or passport or any other similar document you have agreed to provide us with;
- Insurance certificates, copies of declarations made and forms completed for the purpose of underwriting or contract management or claims reporting.
2.3 – The data we automatically collect
By using our services through third-party applications, you have given your consent for us to collect a certain amount of data. These are automatically done automatically.
2.3.1 – Connection to our services directly
During each of your visits, we may collect, in accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent, information relating to the devices on which you use our services or the networks from which you access our services, such as :
- your IP addresses,
- connection data,
- versions of web browsers used,
- operating systems and platforms,
- data concerning your navigation path on our services,
- the content you access or view,
- the cities / countries of research,
- the type of accommodation sought (private homes, apartments, etc.)
- How long your data will be kept
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or within the time limits provided by law and market practice, unless additional retention of such data is required for compliance with a legal obligation or for the implementation, exercise or defence of legal actions or unless a specific time limit has been communicated.
We will retain non-integral portions of your personal data for marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent, but in no event later than 2 years after using one of our services.
Your Personal Data is archived at the end of the following periods: ● 10 years after your last use of our service.
Some of the following Personal Data may be stored for different periods of time:
- Financial data (e.g. payments, refunds, etc.) are kept for the period required by applicable tax and accounting laws;
- The data collected in the context of subscribing to insurance products are kept for the duration of the insurance contract subscribed and the time necessary to manage your claims, if any;
- The content created by you on our services
In the event that your account has been suspended or blocked, we keep your data for a period of 1 to 10 years from the suspension in order to avoid any circumvention by you of the rules in force on our services.
- Recipients of the data collected. And reasons for the transfer.
When you use our services, some of your information is shared with other members of our community: travellers, hosts, travel agencies, incoming agencies. We may also share information about you with third party companies that may have access to your Personal Data, including :
- Social networking platforms
- Public bodies (Cities, Regions, Provinces, Communities)
- Our business partners who promote their services on our own services and to whom you may choose to subscribe.
- Our business partners on whose website we may advertise our services;
- Subcontractors we use for technical services, payment services, identity verification or analytical solutions providers.
We only share your data with third parties in the following cases:
- When we use a service provider to perform any contract between you and us or to provide or improve our services (for example, in connection with payments made through our Platforms);
- As part of the booking process, in order to provide the requested services, we may display on our Platforms or transmit to another member some of your
- Personal Data such as your first name, telephone number or e-mail address;
When we use search engine and analytical solution providers to improve and optimize our Platforms;
- When you subscribe to a service provided by one of our partners, ask to benefit from an offer or a good plan from one of our partners;
- When we publish certain parts of our Platforms on our business partners’ websites
- In the event that we sell or acquire a business or assets, in which case we reserve the right to share your Personal Data with the potential seller or buyer of that business or assets.
- If Bed&Brussels or all or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, the data in our possession will, if necessary, be transferred to the new owner.
- In accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent where required, we may aggregate data about you that we receive or send to our business partners, including all or part of your Personal Data and information collected through cookies. This aggregated information will only be used for the purposes described above.
- We draw your attention to the fact that if you decide to let us access some of your information, including your Personal Data, through connection services provided by our business partners, their privacy policies are also enforceable against you. We have no control over the collection or processing of your data by our business partners on their own platform.
- Delivery of targeted ads, email campaigns and SMS messages
In accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent where required, we may use the data you provide about our services for marketing purposes (for example, (i) to send you our newsletters, (ii) to send you invitations to our events or other communications that may be of interest to you, and (iii) to display targeted advertising on social media platforms or third-party sites).
With regard to promotional emails: You may withdraw your consent at any time by (i) unsubscribing, (ii) clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications or (iii) contacting us as described in Article 13 below.
With regard to targeted advertising:
- On social network platforms (e. g. Facebook, Twitter): you can oppose this processing at any time by configuring the settings relating to the advertising of your account;
- On third-party sites: you can refer to our Cookies policy to understand how to withdraw your consent.
- Transfer of personal data
Your Personal Data is stored within the European Union. If, on the other hand, some of the service providers with whom Bed&Brussels works are located in countries outside the European Union, we may transfer some of your Personal Data to the countries of these partners. In this context, Bed&Brussels undertakes to guarantee the protection of your data in accordance with the strictest rules, in particular through the signature of contractual clauses based on the European Commission model, or any other mechanism in accordance with the DGPS, as long as your personal data are processed by a service provider outside the European Economic Area and whose country is not considered by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection.
- Your personal data gives you rights
- You have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data in our possession (“right of access”).
- You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data and the rectification of Personal Data (“right of deletion and right of rectification”).
General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- You have the right to object at any time for reasons relating to its particular situation, (i) to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest (“right of opposition”).
- You have the right to limit the processing carried out on your personal data.
Personal Data (“right to limitation”).
Please note that this right only applies if (i) you dispute the accuracy of your Personal Data during the period in which we verify its accuracy; (ii) in the event of unlawful processing by us and you request a limitation of their use rather than deletion, (iii) we no longer need the personal data for processing purposes but they are still necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend legal rights; (iv) in the event of the exercise of your right of objection during the verification period as to whether the legitimate grounds we are pursuing prevail over yours.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or to obtain compensation from the competent courts if you consider that we have not respected your rights.
- You also have the right to the portability of your data, i.e. the right to receive the Personal Data you have provided us in a structured format, commonly used and readable by the machine and the right to transmit this data to another controller (“right to portability”).
- You have the right to define guidelines regarding the fate of your Personal Data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you must contact our Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us for more information
- By sending an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com
- By sending a letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bed&Brussels, Rue Goffart 78 1050 Ixelles,