- How to make a reservation at Bed & Brussels
Here’s a short video to help you make a reservation easily.
- What is the payment procedure?
When a reservation is requested, the accommodation will be blocked until the owner’s response (within 48 hours maximum).
Once the owner agrees, your credit card will be charged with the service fee.
The service charge varies according to the price of your stay.
They form part of the rent but are not deductible from the amount payable to the owner’s
These are non-refundable.
If the owner refuses, the service charge will be waived.
The balance of the rent must be paid to the owner in cash or by bank transfer.
The first month’s rent must be paid on the day of arrival at the latest.
The following rents are to be paid every 4 weeks to the owner.
- Rental guarantee
The rental guarantee, which amounts to 4 weeks’ rent, must be paid 15 days before your arrival.
This is refundable at the end of your stay if the rented property is returned in the same condition as you received it.
- If I refuse to book, what happens to my payment?
The service fee will only be debited after the owner has given his consent.
If the owner refuses, the fee will be automatically refunded.
- I don't have a Visa card or Mastercard how do I do it?
Please contact us, we will send you our bank details to make a transfer.
Attention: in order to confirm your reservation, we will ask you to send us your proof of payment within 24 hours. There are no options available.
- Can I visit an accommodation before making a reservation?
Restricting visits offers equal opportunities for all. Whether you are locally or abroad.
All our accommodation have pictures and a clear description. Some have videos.
We have visited all the properties on our website, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- Why can a reservation be refused?
We work with many different accommodation owners. Reservation requests may be refused for differents reasons, such as if:
- the preceding tenant decides to prolong their stay in agreement with the owner,
- the accommodation is already booked but the owner has not updated the reservation system accordingly,
- the accommodation is no longer available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- How do I extend my booking contract?
According to an agreement with the owners and to secure all the contracts, every extension contract has to pass through our website.
- Do I need insurance?
Belgian legislation requires the tenant to take out “tenant” insurance. However, in the case of a short-term rental it is difficult to find insurance for this type of contract. It is for this reason that we ask our landlords to have insurance “waiver of claims against tenants” to prevent tenants from taking out insurance. But it is IMPERATIVE to check with your landlord before you arrive on this issue.
However, the landlord will not be held liable in the event of theft of the tenant’s property.
Before you leave, check with your insurer to see if you are well covered.
- Do I have to sign a lease agreement with the owner
Yes, you will sign a fixed-term tenancy agreement with the owner when you move in.
This agreement includes information about each party, the rental dates, the monthly rent, the method of payment of the rent and the rental guarantee.
- What are the arrival and departure times?
Check out scheduled no later than 11am unless specifically arranged with the owner.
- During my stay, are there any internal regulations?
Yes, most owners have internal regulations.
This document is used to explain the proper functioning of each dwelling (bins, use of WIFI,…) and to ensure the best possible cohabitation between the different occupants.
Feel free to ask your landlord for the internal rules before you arrive.
- Is there a curfew to respect?
- Are bed linen and towels provided?
2 pairs of sheets and towels will be at your disposal upon arrival. But it is always safer to ask your landlord again.
- Can I invite friends to my room or studio?
Each owner has its own rules. Some accept visits for an additional fee or not, others do not accept any visits (this is usually indicated in the description).
Out of respect and for insurance purposes, please inform the owners in case of a visit.
- Are the charges included ?
PRICE INCLUDES EXPENSES (water, gas, electricity and in most cases internet) in case of excessive consumption a supplement could be charged.
Additional charges may be requested, which will be indicated in the detailed accommodation sheet. (not applicable for guest rooms)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS MAY BE SET BY THE OWNERS DEPENDING ON THE ACCOMMODATION.
- Who cleans the dwelling?
- Upon arrival, the accommodation will be clean.
- On your departure, the accommodation must be returned cleaned.