General terms and conditions and Bed&Brussels legal notices
Conditions of access to Bed&Brussels’ hosting service
To be able to benefit from the hosting service, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- For accommodation (excluding guest rooms): be on an internship, training or employment contract in Brussels
- For accommodation (excluding guest rooms): be in possession of an internship or employment contract identifying the parties or be in possession of a certificate from the school.
Each rental of an accommodation or a guest room is subject to:
- A rental contract drawn up between the owner and the trainee, signed on your arrival in Brussels (does not apply to guest rooms)
- A deposit of a rental guarantee for the rental of a dwelling (does not apply for guest rooms). The amount of this guarantee is 4 weeks of the rent of the accommodation. It will be returned to you at the end of your stay as long as no damage has been caused and noted.
- The rental is allocated to the number of people indicated on the contract. Any additional person will be charged an additional fee.
- Depending on the accommodation chosen, an internal regulation may also be submitted to you by the owner. It will take over the internal rules of the accommodation in order to allow the best possible cohabitation.
- An inventory of the premises of entry and exit can be carried out (not applicable for guest rooms)
PRICE INCLUDES EXPENSES (water, gas, electricity and in most cases internet) in case of excessive consumption a supplement could be charged.
Additional charges may be requested, which will be indicated in the detailed accommodation sheet. (not applicable for guest rooms)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS MAY BE SET BY THE OWNERS DEPENDING ON THE ACCOMMODATION.
General terms and conditions of Bed&Brussels (B&B)
General conditions for shared accommodation, furnished rooms, studios or apartments:
- B&B’s services are exclusively governed by this booking contract, of which the general terms and conditions form an integral part.
- The reservation is only firm and definitive after the payment of the service charge (by credit card) by the potential tenant at B&B.
- By accepting the general conditions, the prospective tenant acknowledges (1) that he has received all the practical details and information relating to the property he wishes to rent (2) that B&B’s mission is limited exclusively to putting the prospective tenant in contact with an owner who wishes to rent a residential property to him, under conditions freely agreed between the prospective tenant and the owner which are stipulated in the rental contract.
- The number of tenants may not exceed the number indicated on the booking contract.
- No potential tenant can be domiciled at the address indicated on the booking contract.
- B&B is not responsible for the execution of the rental contract concluded between the tenant and the owner, nor for any events that may occur (material or physical damage,) during the stay. The prospective tenant irrevocably waives any liability on the part of B&B.
- Once the reservation has been confirmed, the candidate tenant undertakes to do so: (1) to pay the amount of the rental guarantee to the owner at least 15 days before entering the premises; (2) to sign the rental contract with the owner at the latest on the day of his entry into the premises; (3) to pay the landlord, from the first day of his entry into the premises, the full amount due for the first four weeks of rental; (4) to scrupulously comply with all obligations under the rental contract.
- In the event of cancellation or termination of the reservation, the service charge will remain definitively acquired by B&B as compensation.
- If the accommodation reservation is cancelled up to 30 days before the arrival date in the accommodation, the fee is 16% of the total amount. Between 3 weeks and 8 days before arrival, the fee is 25% of the total amount. Less than 7 days before the arrival date, the fee is 50% of the total amount of the reservation.
- The lessee may terminate this agreement in the event of exceptional circumstances by sending a reasoned notice of termination by registered mail to the lessor, subject to a notice period of 4 weeks, starting from the day after the date of sending the notice.
- For stays of less than 90 days, a tourist tax of 3 euros (if the accommodation is in the owner’s main residence) and 4 euros (for the others) per night and per room will be charged to you upon your arrival by the owner. This amount will be payable to the owner.
Special general conditions for guest rooms:
- Any contract for booking accommodation with the inhabitant is made under the general conditions set out below as well as under the specific conditions set from case to case.
- Bed & Brussels (B&B) is the Federation of Bed and Breakfast and Private Accommodation. It undertakes to provide the applicant with information on the quality and characteristics of the accommodation according to its own classification.
- If the reservation of the guest room is cancelled more than 30 days before the arrival date in the accommodation, the fee is 16% of the total amount. Between 30 days and 3 weeks before the arrival date, the fee is 30% of the total amount. Between 20 and 8 days before arrival, the fee is 50% of the total amount. Less than 7 days before arrival, the entire stay is due.
4.The service charge paid in case of reservation is not refundable under any circumstances.
5. The number of visitors may not exceed the number indicated on the booking contract.
6. No visitor can be domiciled at the address indicated on the booking contract.
7. A tourist tax of 3 euros per night and per room will be requested from you upon your arrival by the owner.
The use of the Bed&Brussels (B&B) portal site is subject to certain general conditions, described below. Your use of this portal site signifies your acceptance of its terms and conditions of use.
- SITE’S OBJECTIVE
The Bed&Brussels portal site is a guide to finding information on housing in Brussels. The objective is to offer visitors to the site, via this portal site, a simple, fast and user-friendly access to the information they are looking for in order to discover our accommodation. The information on the B&B website is of a general nature. If you need more specific advice, you should always consult our team directly by writing to us, calling us ( +32 2 646 07 37) or sending us an email at email@example.com
- CONTENT AND AVAILABILITY OF THE PORTAL SITE
Unless otherwise stated, the information you find on the housing portal site belongs to B&B. Prior written permission is required for the use or reproduction of this information.
B&B reserves all intellectual property rights to its portal site.
- TRADEMARKS AND NAMES
The names, logos and other signs used on this website www.bnb.brussels, including the Bed & Brussels logo, are legally protected trademarks.
Any use of these or similar signs is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Bed & Brussels.
- NEWSLETTERS OR NEWSLETTERS
If you receive the Bed & Brussels newsletter, it is because you have subscribed by leaving your email address and checking the option, you regularly receive information by email on our activities, news, promotions. At any time, with a simple click on the link at the end of the letter, you can unsubscribe and manage your preferences.
In the event that we ask you for personal information, it will be used: – to give you faster access to information of interest to you, – to inform you by e-mail of changes in our content or new product services that we are implementing.
We undertake not to disclose your personal information to third parties, in particular for commercial purposes.
On the other hand and in accordance with the law “Informatique et Libertés”, we remind you that you have the right to modify, rectify or delete your personal data. To claim it, simply send us a letter to Bed & Brussels’ head office: Rue Defalque Devos, 1-1380 Lasne.
Website developed by Comvisu, communication agency (web and print) in collaboration with Elloha and Raccourci.